This tutorial takes you step by step through the process of building a basic data entry page using Indicia and PHP. It assumes you are have a basic knowledge of HTML and PHP and that you have
- access to an Indicia warehouse server to test your code against.
- a website registered on the warehouse which you know the ID and password of and can submit test records to.
- created a survey on the warehouse which you can post the test records into.
- have a species list ready set up on the warehouse which you can use for recording.
- access to a local webserver which you can run your test PHP code on which supports PHP 5.3 (preferred) or PHP 5.2 and has the cUrl extension enabled.
This tutorial is for people who want to learn how to develop Indicia forms using PHP. If you are not a PHP developer then don’t forget that using PHP is just one of several ways of creating data input forms and other website functionality so this tutorial is probably not for you!