Installing the Indicia modules for Drupal¶
The Indicia modules for Drupal provide a content type that allows pages which interact with Indicia to be easily created. Page types include data input forms, reports, maps and others.
To install the modules, create a folder called custom under your Drupal installation’s module folder. Then take one of the following approaches:
Option 1 - Direct file download
Download the latest iForm release from https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal-8-module-iform/releases (iform.zip file) and unzip it to /modules/custom/ so you have a folder called iform inside the custom folder.
Download the latest Indicia features release from https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal-8-modules-indicia_features/releases (Source code) and extract it to /modules/custom/ so you have a folder called indicia_features inside the custom folder.
Option 2 - Installation using Git
If you are using Git to manage files, then you can do the following instead:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal-8-module-iform.git iform git clone https://github.com/Indicia-Team/drupal-8-modules-indicia_features.git indicia_features
Once you have the files in place using either method, visit Extend in your Drupal website’s admin toolbar (logged in as admin) and enable the following modules:
- Indicia forms
- Easy login
- Indicia AJAX Proxy
Now, visit Configuration > Indicia integration > Indicia settings on the admin toolbar and set the following options:
- Indicia warehouse = Other
- Warehouse URL = URL of your warehouse installation
- Indicia website ID = ID of your website registration. See Setting up a website registration if you’ve not already done this.
- Password and Confirm password for your website registration.
- Further down the page, pan and zoom the map to cover the approximate area you will be recording in.
- List of spatial or grid reference systems - tick GPS Latitude and Longitude (WGS84) and any others you feel are relevant.
Click Submit when done.